Richard Explains Humanist Meditation in Interview with HSGP Sunday Speaker Event
Secular Meditation book – An excellent resource for anyone interested in learning a wide perspective on meditation practice from a scientific and Humanist perspective.
* Rick Heller and Greg Epstein (2015), Secular Meditation: 32 Practices for Cultivating Inner Peace, Compassion, and Joy - A Guide from the Humanist Community at Harvard: New World Library.
Starter Meditation book – A great way for beginners to learn meditation from a former skeptic.
* Dan Harris, Jeffery Warren, Carlye Adler (2017), Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book: Harmony.
The science of meditation – To learn more about the science of meditation and how to practice more effectively, this is a great addition to your reading list.
* Daniel Goleman and Richard Davidson (2017), Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and Body: Penguin Random House LLC.
Humanism – A fun introduction.
* Jennifer Hancock (2011), Jen Hancock’s Handy Humanism Handbook: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform.
Humanism – A comprehensive guide.
* Roy Speckhardt (2015), Creating Change Through Humanism: Humanist Press.
* Humanist Manifesto III: https://americanhumanist.org/what-is-humanism/manifesto3/
* Amsterdam Declaration of 2002: https://humanists.international/what-is-humanism/the-amsterdam-declaration/
* Affirmations of Humanism: https://secularhumanism.org/what-is-secular-humanism/affirmations-of-humanism/